The yards, tack rooms and forums are full of heated conversations on whether to shoe or not to shoe one’s horse and in today’s video countdown I would ask you to have a little think with me 🙂
My question to myself as a trainer/instructor/horse carer is “am I asking the right question”…
What if the questions were:
“How important is it for my horse to be able to expand his hoof capsule“?
“How degenerative and long term pathology inducing the rigid hoof capsule is for my horse?”
“How rigid hoof capsule affects the mental state of my horse?”
“Is the hoof’s inability to function without restriction connected to my horse’s back pain/shoulder pain/bridle lameness?”
Forget Shoe or Not to Shoe..Who cares…What if we ask better questions, ones yielding educational answers not just the “yes/no” answers…
Short Video for today…;) Please share your thoughts whether you agree with me or not!
- Video Day Monday Christmas Countdown – Day 8 (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Wednesday: Christmas Countdown Day 6 – Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are… (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Collapsed Heels and Hoof Deformity of the Horse (examiner.com)
- Doctors Crush Thrush Myth (tiidusm.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Tuesday: What INSPIRATION really is…Christmas Countdown – Day 7 (a must watch for all riding instructors) (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)