Today’s video subject wasn’t planned but I chose it because of an inhumane and ridiculous schooling methods I witnessed this afternoon.
Have you ever been in a situation where you were deeply ashamed to have known and admired someone? Do you know that feeling of your brain not processing fast enough what your eyes are seeing perhaps to protects itself? That moment when you watch and you cannot believe how incredibly thoughtless a seemingly intelligent and talented human being can be? Well, that was my afternoon.
It occurred to me as I sit here still affected by the situation, that every single person who ever wanted to school horses should first train a chicken…These funny birds are considered to be pretty silly and pretty low on brain cells.
The best thing, however, about first learning to train a chicken is that you cannot whip the bird mindlessly so it goes over a little obstacle course…you need to understand what motivates it and then use your own brain to non-violently manipulate chicken’s brain.
And that knowledge in my opinion is a prerequisite for any horse trainer…
- Video Day Friday Christmas Countdown Day 4: Difficult Questions about Horse’s Soundness (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Wednesday: Christmas Countdown Day 6 – Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are… (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Saturday Christmas Countdown Day 4: Head-To-Head…until the Winner Takes One Turn Better (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Tuesday: What INSPIRATION really is…Christmas Countdown – Day 7 (a must watch for all riding instructors) (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Thursday Christmas Countdown Day 5: The Funny Side of Fun… (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)
- Video Day Monday Christmas Countdown – Day 8 (aspireequestrian.wordpress.com)